This position is on the IgniteNet Cloud Controller team. The Cloud is used by our customers to manage and configure large numbers of Wi-Fi access points, outdoor 60 GHz APs, and network switches. We perform code reviews, automated testing and also embrace modern DevOps practices to deliver value to our customers. You must be willing to communicate efficiently and help us train new team members as we bring them on.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the backend services that power our platform
- Code delivery procedures and deployment automation
- Monitoring metrics, analyzing logs and reacting to critical events
- Helping us to design a robust architecture by recognizing bottlenecks before they become a problem
- Experience using Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar automation tools
- Experience managing Linux-based systems
- Must have programming and scripting skills
- Must have a solid understanding of basic networking principles
- Experience managing relational databases
We maintain a vast Service Oriented Architecture and deploy our code weekly. Our ideal candidate should be accustomed to fast paced development cycle and not intimidated by the zoo-keeping of various microservices. Our core technologies are based, though not limited to: Cassandra, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, node.js, PHP, Ansible, Redis, Google Compute Engine, and Jenkins. And while we recognize that it’s improbable to know all of these, having a prior exposure to similar tech is a bonus when applying to this position.
: Must have a BS in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent experience